Energy is basically a capacity to perform any work. This cannot be physically touched, it can only be felt. Normally the energy is classified as renewable and non-renewable resources. In order to generate electricity, we use the renewable resources such as sunlight, wind, moving water, and biomass. We also use non-renewable resources like coal, oil and natural gas to produce electricity and fuel for vehicles. Instead of depending on the government people have started generating electricity in their places. They generate the electricity which they need for themselves. They use alternative energy solutions to produce or generate the energy.
Pros and cons of alternative energy
There are many alternative energy sources like biomass, hydroelectric power, solar, wind, geothermal and other carbon-neutral energy.
- Solar energy involves solar power using the photovoltaic cells they capture the required photons and convert them into electricity. This energy can be gained from the sun throughout the year. But if the sun is not so hot enough to produce the required electricity. Then the process will not happen.
- Wind energy is nothing but the energy generated from the wind. In olden days itself, they used this technique in the ships for sailing. This energy will not produceany pollution that contaminates the environment. These windmills can even be located on the farmland. Which will not affect the farmland in anyways.
- Geothermal energy is obtained from the magma under the earth. This geothermal energy cannot be produced anywhere. They can produce this energy only in Iceland. If the geothermal is done incorrectly they may produce pollutants.
- Hydroelectric power is obtained from the running water. This will not affect the level of water in any way. There is no chemical reaction to produce this energy. So we need not worry about the pollutants.
- Biomass is one of these type which is very much popular and used in many places. These are obtained from the biological process like agriculture and anaerobic digestion.
Anyways in few years most of the energy will be produced from the wind energy. Because this both beneficial and also does not harm the environment in any way.